Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization, which doesn't work)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 41212
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization, which doesn't work)
- Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 17:54:49 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=ndBlOAHnzP7ayxGMiQWrtpf8Fky3IAjBAlbp7XvTJVQ=; b=DqOux0Y2R3jxepaf4w+7t+YYTjBHsagZCQdzvKqUl4w9pjEeOnWx5V+sugBbYU54Xy pPrUA+CYSD0GNcYuYBOtJZtomDdSgzu2fLs+mcp3ZQjKL5awe/Lu2jKtwRJJQ+Mc3ZP9 kX1PTv1u1K7Gnj2uldP4zhnl1UgGHMLO36BOSBfyarJmwfjchocw1PJqmrKl2OFPZ/6p v5UY5e+I+WefgZyRmmOrnnNxxSYYl97T1Bm9YLoEBNYgAQrXJIcTE6wxRzH/TIu8ZGDg wh2pIAmzmpQWnngDeEC3gK/z1egAaCrRPldd//lyKw/k8uKDVvLlYMe5UeDG6zGAHl96 4Tnw==
- In-reply-to: <etPan.5932c380.2ae8944a.a149@MacMini.local>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <etPan.5932c380.2ae8944a.a149@MacMini.local>
On Jun 3, 4:11pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
} Subject: Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization,
} On 20 maja 2017 at 19:08:09, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
} > How much does zcompdump actually help? Have you compared startup with
} > and without it?
Haven't seen that yet (nor tried it myself, tho).
} > One lesson learned with Completion/Base/Utility/_store_cache is that
} > parsing array assignments is expensive.
} Results seem to confirm what you said
I also tried something similar ... using the just the default set of
completions, more wall-clock time is spent restoring the autoloads
than loading the _comps array, at least on my system.
Messages sorted by: