Re: =~ doesn't work with NUL characters

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:49:38 -0400
Phil Pennock <zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thus: do we want to change behaviour, after 16 years, to allow embedded
> NUL for the PCRE case, being different from the ERE case?

I don't see why not --- the behaviour with NUL may be longstanding but
it's a bit cloudy what the actual intention is.  Generally, accepting
NUL as a regular character anywhere we can get it to work and shrugging
our shoulders in cases where the system fails to support it seems
reasonable to me.

pws