Re: When RPROMPT != RPS1

> The reason there is "prompt -p" is so you can see what a prompt will look
> like without changing whatever you have already or needing to cycle the
> themes yourself.

If I try out a prompt, I like to execute some commands and see how that
affects the prompt, and with "prompt -p" that's not possible. So with
the current setup, I have to be careful which prompt variables are
changed, and then revert the changes. In principle, this is no big deal
but it would be nicer if there was an automatic solution.

> The better thing to do, I think, is either to add "prompt_default_setup"
> or expand "prompt_off_setup" so that there's an explicit command to put
> things back the way they were.  Currently "prompt off" restores only the
> PS1 and PS2 settings.

I like both ideas.

Best,
Daniel