Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 41533
- From: Halbeno <halbeno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Tab-completion bug
- Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 20:17:32 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=protonmail.com; s=default; t=1502497054; bh=QHPsBJZSFqePMpd0t3nfFaIC5GGG8GrGWMUxXg/sO1E=; h=To:From:Reply-To:Subject:Feedback-ID:From; b=iZ2YumME5P8SsGdmHnmWzqbEVGL54oGZgIH/Z90ERaprw7yxeDmG1lPENwn8DbfMq 8/Eick4CM4YNPGc96dOjk4OzGHA/u3S4rUtkffcroBHcIjMKRoMKsrp7jy7bxF20da RLiLtI4SZKAOwC/A5ValPzLumtyEWLE2a5vakVuc=
- Feedback-id: C7X-Oe6M8CIL9VcdMWhtvdT4l5V4jVQFUMNTG5ok1i2fFdXYoN_FQ14mdDqHayjLvW7MCeXgz4Py56D063myJQ==:Ext:ProtonMail
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Reply-to: Halbeno <halbeno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I have a folder named '\.*' (without the 's) that zsh seems to have trouble with.
I am running ArchLinux, with zsh version "zsh 5.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)".
Minimal test case: mkdir \\.\*; mkdir \\.\*/a; mkdir \\.\*/b
Then: ls \\[tab repeatedly]
With grml-zsh-config, it changes to "ls \\\*", then another tab shows "No matches for: `arguments', `files', or `file'", then another tab changes it to "ls \\.\*" and subsequent tabs alternate between "ls \\.\*/" and "ls \\.\*" instead of showing inner folders.
With nothing but comments in .zshrc and grml-zsh-config uninstalled, it works fine.
With a mostly-default config made with zsh-newuser-install, https://ptpb.pw/y6S6 , it changes to "\\\*" instead of the correct "\\.\*", and subsequent tabs merely beep.
zsh --noglobalrcs doesn't seem to help, and in the #zsh IRC channel else mentioned they had the same behaviour:
"<FoH> oh. i'm getting the same behaviour (under 5.0.2). but it works correctly under zsh -f
<FoH> after i autoload -Uz compinit && compinit i get the borked behaviour"
Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.
Messages sorted by: