Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Comment (# char) behavior in the sub-shell
- X-seq: zsh-workers 41659
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Comment (# char) behavior in the sub-shell
- Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 15:46:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=dz+9cBI2Foh4xz4kVwAEHbLNceUKiHb6rDqluFFEEBE=; b=eXDgZMPHdBR3qztMI1u2lvsvdmlf5LqE4bqQUOhoEITkYLULeAk8pjry/oQLgdgbMl SEg+N5/YS3uzNxDsU7Xqd9IhfdQzXdKbN3qe+64XSAHns219p8cHVAEUvmFwuSpkmccJ k5yU0LqyPxdg05EjmG8wRCUSFTl1ME93w7bCX5rHVGZDWkzPltjmusRgjVkc68PtqpHn UuuAHWuSsukb01NTVrfg1LckahKLPDbu/NBlsj0zp9cS4j4zWZF3OXsxD3trHsgc2LOo E5ytl9Si92PHeSGP5ec6J79AEvR/V//OxYQXg0OtJHYO4HqpAN2GL0NNgRAOzdlm3zlx G0xg==
- In-reply-to: <CAAR+aWfD1ifEe2JGxJAkgA5Rmpr6nmV9Ta9Y6yvW23-oe4hkYg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAAR+aWfD1ifEe2JGxJAkgA5Rmpr6nmV9Ta9Y6yvW23-oe4hkYg@mail.gmail.com>
On Sep 9, 7:33pm, Stanislav Seletskiy wrote:
} It seems for whatever reason everything after `#` in the sub-shell is ignored.
} I've tried to disable INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS option without any success.
A subshell is not an interactive shell, so INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS does not
make any difference here, except that it delays treating "#" as a comment
until after the subshell has begun. In bash for example the "#" would
comment out the closing paren and your expression wouldn't work at all.
Also, because NO_INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS is the default, propagating it from
the command line into subshells would break many of the same things that
you are concerned about being broken by histchars='!^'.
Barton E. Schaefer
Messages sorted by: