Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Bug related to order of zsh completion options?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 41703
- From: ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Bug related to order of zsh completion options?
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:46:10 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=splintermail.com; s=mail; t=1505393171; bh=m88Askz6Hb+44OxH1u7pHrOZAULhu39P8f5r5/Fe+rg=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=MGi97BEkOLvZbMf6kLODqwX5buP4sywmw6Etl/p0qwkm+ZwaKw8iHE1qNRe2/zFzJ 0aoXGRhC75haz+wbKKbOCZkrftaG7io785/J9AgiSsCCuz9vkwTdGpDIyVQzZATULK cYol2S9ByC3MMAhKl4CCFB8sP6nD3WxLj+6nUvVM=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I found the solution for something which has been plaguing me for about
half a day, and I think it is a bug.
I can sum it up in this file:
----------- file "_brokencompletion" begins ------------
# first two versions work
#_arguments '1:a:(( a_b_c\:"aabbcc" a_z\:"aaazzz" ))'
#_arguments '1:a:( a_z a_b_c )'
# this version doesn't
#_arguments '1:a:(( a_z\:"aaazzz" a_b_c\:"aabbcc" ))'
----------- file "_brokencompletion" ends ------------
All of my tests can be repeated with a clean zsh shell:
% zsh -f
(new shell starts)
% autoload compinit
% fpath=(~/path/containing/_brokencompletion/ $fpath)
When I use the one of the first two versions of _arguments in the file
above, I see exactly the completion that I expect to see.
When I use the third version of _arguments, I see the following:
I type: brokencompletion <tab>
I get: brokencompletion a_
^ but my cursor is on the "a"
If I change the order of possible matches in the parenthesis, it fixes
the problem (first version of _arguments line). Also if I use the
version which does not have descriptions for each command, I get normal
Is this a bug or is this documented somewhere, and I just missed a
Messages sorted by: