Re: PATCH: completion for a few more coreutils things

On Oct 11,  1:23am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: completion for a few more coreutils things
}
} Oliver Kiddle wrote on Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:16 +0200:
} > Jun T wrote:
} > > The file Completion/Unix/Command/_expand need be renamed because _expand
} > > already exists in Completion/Base/Completer/_expand.
} >
} > Oh yes. That'll break things fairly badly, sorry.
}
} Can we make this situation a build error in the future?

Having two files with the same name is not necessarily an error; the
intent has been that we might have one file for openSUSE and another
for Solaris, etc., and the local packager was responsible for putting
the correct one in the installation (or correct directory in fpath).

(On the other hand we've never given much configure/install help for
how to select the right one.)

Two files with the same name and incompatible #compdef lines is another
matter, but I don't have any good ideas for determining "incompatible."