Re: `jobs -p` does not behave as documented and required by POSIX

On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 08:56:20 +0100
Matthias Richerzhagen <matthias.richerzhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the manpage for the `jobs` buildin function states:
>
> >       −p        Display only the process IDs for the process group
> >       leaders of the selected jobs.
>
> > STDOUT
> >        If the −p option is specified, the output shall consist of one
> > line for each process ID:
> >
> >            "%d\n", <process ID>

Erm, I don't think you're looking at the right manual...

       jobs [ -dlprs ] [ job ... ]
       jobs -Z string
              Lists information about each given job, or all jobs  if  job  is
              omitted.   The  -l flag lists process IDs, and the -p flag lists
              process groups.  If the -r flag is specified only  running  jobs
              will be listed and if the -s flag is given only stopped jobs are
              shown.  If the -d flag is given, the directory  from  which  the
              job  was  started (which may not be the current directory of the
              job) will also be shown.

              The -Z option replaces  the  shell's  argument  and  environment
              space  with  the  given  string,  truncated if necessary to fit.
              This will normally be visible in ps (ps(1)) listings.  This fea‐
              ture is typically used by daemons, to indicate their state.

There's no mention of *only* listing process groups.

pws