Re: unknown user error

Bart Schaefer wrote on Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:52 -0700:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 9:20 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Let's expand that error message.  Patch attached.
>
> Why make it "user: %s" in one ifdef-branch but "username '%s'" in the other?

The #else branch says "username" because, in that preprocessor codepath,
the argument to the (u) globqual is resolvable if it's numeric (a uid)
but not if it's a username.

The #if branch says "user" because that's what it said before the patch.
I guess I'll change it unless someone sees a reason to preserve the
exact error message.

Cheers,

Daniel