Re: PATCH: completion options update

On 28 Aug 2018, at 16:16, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>+(( $#words > 2 )) && ign='!'

Is this a new convention or did i miss it somehow?

I often (a) use completion as a quick substitute for man pages (i.e., to see
which options are supported) and (b) append --help to the end of a command that
i can't get to work using the completion clues alone. Maybe that's a bizarre
work-flow that's specific to just me, and i guess in most cases it's safe to
just assume that --help is available, but... idk, wanted to point out the impact
that this'll have on it, in any case.

(If it *is* something we should be doing as standard, maybe a note in the guide
is warranted?)

dana