Re: Zsh: [7] + 23074 suspended (tty output)

Hello

Vincent Lefevre schrieb/wrote:
> On 2018-09-15 21:06:56 +0200, TS wrote:
>> Test case, tested with 5.6.2:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?att=1;bug=908818;filename=.zshrc;msg=66
>>
>> result for me:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=908818#66
>
> I think I have noticed issues with "less" using zsh-5.6.1-10-g24bb465
> but I didn't remember what I did exactly and I couldn't reproduce
> them. I needed to do a fg.

I have now tried different iterations of that minimal .zshrc.
It seems only when less is wrapped inside a function i get this
"zsh: suspended (tty output)".

But when less is wrapped inside a function like this, it is rather reliable
replicable.

steps to show the issue:
1) ~/.zshrc as attached
2) exec zsh or login

e.g.:
% exec zsh
zsh: suspended (tty output)

i have a testuser for such things, therefore i "su -l" to him first.
But according to my tests, the "su -l" part is irrelevant for the issue.
Only the "less wrapped in function" part seem to matter.
I earlier versions of Zsh that did not make a difference.

Thanks for taking a look.

kind regards,

     Thilo
builtin zmodload zsh/zprof