Re: [BUG] git checkout completion shows duplicated branch names

Oliver Kiddle wrote on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:46 +0200:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> > Can anyone think of a reason to consider matches different if their display
> > strings both exist, and differ; or if one of them has a display string and one
> > does not?
>
> They might have different matching control rules.

The *display* strings don't affect matching control rules, do they?
Those only care about the trial completion and about the command-line
string.  Even if matcheq() should compare matching control rules
as well, I think that's orthogonal to the upthread patch.