Re: [BUG?] If true-color is used, overlapping colors do not work

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 02:28, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> > I've applied the patch and recompiled, and the tests or the Ctrl-a
> > (with Src/zsh -fi) snippet show now change?
>
> Working through each of your tests manually, they all seem to work fine
> for me if judged purely on the basis of what I see in a terminal. I've
> checked more than one terminal programme including ones with and without
> true colour support.

Ah I've applied only the black color patch, with also the first patch,
everything works fine.

> I get differences before the tests even reach the final buffer state. The
> fact that all the setup lines get repeated back in the test output
> really isn't helping the matter. The differences are all escape
> sequences which diff is not showing, e.g 1b 5b 6d occurring at the start
> of each line. There are also further differences that can be put down to a
> difference of termcap definition. The only hope would be to strip the output
> down to just the section actually being tested (which comptest manages),
> also using something like:
>   zle_highlight=( fg_start_code:FGSTART fg_end_code:FGEND fg_default_code:FGDEF )
> and perhaps zle -T somehow to map escape sequences to something readable
> somehow contriving to set TERM to something that claims 256 colour support.
> And, only relying on the portable subset of sed syntax.
> It's not without reason that I was too lazy to attempt this in the first
> place.

I'm stripping down the escape codes that Zsh/Zle normally produces
managing output. It appears that your setup generates some additional
codes. This should be only a matter of altering // substitution and
sed invocation, but maybe your right, maybe updating zle_highlight /
fg_start_code / fg_end_code is the right way.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI