Re: Bug in git tab completion: If git.showSignature = true is set globally, tab completion of commits is garbled

On 8 Mar 2019, at 14:22, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Should we use git-rev-list(1) instead of git-log(1)?  The former is a
>plumbing command, so should be the more appropriate interface for this
>use-case.

Not sure. For a plumbing command it leaves a bit to be desired; it has no -z
and it doesn't really respect the format you tell it to use. In fact the
'commit 1234567890...' header it prints is actually hard-coded. It *does* seem
to ignore --show-signature/log.showSignature though, so i suppose it would
solve that problem

dana