Re: [RFC] adding zmktemp command

On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 16:16 -0500, Clinton Bunch wrote:
> But it also seems like it would be a good fit into the zsh/files module
> (mktemp and zf_mktemp instead of zmktemp)
>
> Thoughts?

It occurs to me that one reason for doing this might be that you could
add a zf_mkstemp function (no reason for compatibility with any external
command) that both creates and opens a file using mkstemp(), returning
the file descriptor in REPLY as usual.  This is then secure.
That's something that's hard to do without a builtin.

pws