Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 10:22 AM Yannic Schröder <schroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Maybe add some of the common alternative Linux terminals to the test?
> Like Terminator and Tilix?

Thanks for the advice. Just tested these. I also added XTerm to the list.
They all behave as the other terminals I've tested yesterday.

So far I've tested 9 terminals on 3 operating systems. They all behave
identically without my patch (the cursor position is off by one) and with
my patch (the cursor position is correct).

I suppose there should be a terminal on which the unpatched ZSH works
correctly but so far I haven't found it. I'd really like to. If anyone here
is using a terminal for which the following test works, please give a
holler.

1. Type `zsh -df`.
2. Type `ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 PROMPT=12 RPROMPT=3`.
3. Observe the position of the cursor. The correct position is after '2'.
All terminals I've tested put cursor on '2' -- one position to the left of
correct.

Roman.