Re: apt autocompletion issue

Hauser, Felix (MRT) wrote on Tue, 30 Jul 2019 11:50 +00:00:
> --upgradeable Do not know the option for this one. Result should be a
> list of all packages that can be updated by "apt upgrade".

«aptitude search -F %p '?upgradable'» would print the right set of
packages, I think, but aptitude isn't part of a minimal installation so
can't be assumed available.

I'm not sure what's the best way to answer this question on a minimal
installation.  One _could_ parse the output of «apt-cache policy \*»,
but I hope there's a better way...

Cc += Debian zsh packagers.  tl;dr: What apt(7) command generates
the right set of packages to be completed after «apt list --upgradable <TAB>»?