Re: A serious bug in execution – where to debug?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 7:01 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a zle function that shadows the zle builtin. The bug is: the
> function exits after a certain function get's called, if the arguments
> are: -F {descriptor-#} _gitstatus_process_response_POWERLEVEL9K (I
> didn't yet eliminate the second argument's so I'm pasting it as is).
>
> The symptoms are:
> - print before the call does output, after the call – doesn't (as
> arranged as in here: http://psprint.blinkenshell.org/zle-exit-fun.png)
> - the plugin's following zle -F {descriptor-#} call reports error:
> --zplg-shadow-zle:zle:64: No handler installed for fd 21
> meaning that the execution didn't really reach the point where an
> actual builtin zle is being called by the shadowing function.

Perhaps because of this?

https://github.com/romkatv/powerlevel10k/blob/f14497918f0a70955f6d227d1e002ad2a3f94cc8/gitstatus/gitstatus.plugin.zsh#L302-L307

Feel free to send me a PR replacing `zle` calls in this file with
`builtin zle`. I suppose you aren't shadowing `builtin` for good
measure?

Roman.