Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: function copy
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44638
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: function copy
- Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 19:58:00 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1564858680; bh=6J1ButeLQytVIw9IEiKrb2SdAAc9DolBCBfAwUHtafE=; h=Subject:From:To:Date:In-Reply-To:References; b=3PfDc3TiUonSxrrN+LLtbbDos3K76LB2graRGJbnRntrq6q0SN0Z0963Eo6RO/JW6 MPnOQS8AuYwfppaqA3cGpX3qo9uJb/sC02Z7FRRo3xSy01KF+p79eZ/6ReJmnSzq36 QttVobNAIMXsvIHaicbZ1BWZ58qH/+U8WIU2O19kqvUA5R+AVzIDz0mE15k3x0lybG 6uDTNZVFZh45dLdD+yGbvz6jTM2vowKaIkILqb8+ippzEgTPMOOshosjBpWRExQqWQ UoTkVd3NBK2PPm8DRPhCmX8uI8NTy3312XMT7XPLat6LYFduhT3lg/gp/DTd89fvGs Ni5f7+nMvkPhw==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2019-07-15 at 21:00 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I've had this lying around for a while, wondering if there's more to it,
> but I can't think of it.
> The point is that it's very easy internally to provide an interface to
> tweak standard functions to add arbitrary code before and after --- we
> have most of the support for this internally, and just lack the means to
> add a different name for a function, which this adds.
Now I've finally got a few minutes...
Didn't hear any arugments against committing this fairly self-contained
patch mostly using existing features, so I'll do that. Obviously, I
understand this isn't the be all and end all of the subject but it's all
I have to contribute.
Messages sorted by: