Re: BUG: Random behavior of the shell

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 2:03 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was getting such behavior earlier, but waited with the report. Now
> it's a more clear one, so I'm reporting: https://youtu.be/N-HH2f_Rr0E

It's really difficult to see what's going on with these recordings you
keep posting.  Video compression often makes them go by even faster
than real-time, and when the list of results you're displaying more
than fills the screen it's a pain to step backwards to see what you
were doing before.  If you must resort to visual aids, a series of
still screen shots would be better.  That said ...

> The list isn't getting filtered.
>
> Earlier was: the `quiet=1` assignment in the below

These don't seem very likely to be closely related problems.  This
most recent one looks like a pattern matching issue, the other looks
like perhaps an exit status is leaking from one conditional test to
another.  Why do you have a [[ ... ]] standing all by itself as a
command, with nothing testing the results?  (Not that this should
cause a bug.)

> problems started when I've switched to Linux, so this could not be
> connected to any recent commits.

This isn't by any chance the same version of linux where Dennis is
reporting problems with trap functions?

I saw a "long long" vs. "long" error go by in compiler output in one
of those videos.  Could wordcode be getting messed up by a default
integer byte-width in some circumstances, or something like that?