Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Completion for aplay from alsa-utils
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44915
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: dana <dana@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Completion for aplay from alsa-utils
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 00:10:21 +0100
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=3zQNN/wvLlLC+L9Bl8F4xiCTckM6B7gqjuD6zx6vKVA=; b=hdHYQYDYnE40raGVfRVLXWxh3gzAkHVhbUAWZ827EoYRcOi/2KW/O0CSOuf4p4bD1m X6AXq4cKenDdvbpRLxPZ2/ylhQjUnLRINk0CA2LVwptt232sCYVDdffSlJIHj8cfLpOD bZpMdqioCR+EYdPgh03pKNxJ9z12OhRi+dU3pG0EqCbbbfbze6FE6JFNVbXhUlQUecGr sn+Lr5VAqH6eNdW3JkDO5BwuGqIJKK7oszQHkRcZMGXTEwqfRSSwp4VLi46394ai+Q/D xejJqaLfJdv0D1hDknkI6jGlb93h9e1k/ZBIBQUMtQ8G6qElWTIN/khoGgA/TkRMwT3/ URYg==
- In-reply-to: <EE6F9F27-FFCB-4D88-91E7-C0EE5CF33C4D@dana.is>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVArm7cgptJrBaHhe0R=J5M9m8MeiCqLGESN3nu6TdW8bQ@mail.gmail.com> <EE6F9F27-FFCB-4D88-91E7-C0EE5CF33C4D@dana.is>
On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 at 00:17, dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2 Nov 2019, at 16:13, Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > the submitted completion is in file _alsa-utils
Thanks for the review.
> And you can add arecord to #compdef, since it's basically the same thing as
True, diff on help messages reveals no differences.
> Some functional issues i noticed:
> * _arguments should have -S
> * There are no exclusions for any of the alias options (e.g., -D and --device
> should be exclusive)
How to add them?
> * --device, --file-type, and --process-id-file should take arguments
--file-type and --process-id-file take arguments without =. How to add
arguments to their spec, should it be +?
> * All short aliases of long options that take an argument should have + (e.g.,
> -c+ for --channels=)
> * -v is cumulative, but there is no * in the spec
What do you mean?
> Would also be nice to have better optarg completion (there are no argument
> descriptions, some of the options take pre-defined arguments that are listed
> in the documentation that you could offer, &c.), and taking the option
> descriptions from the help output verbatim doesn't look that nice here, but
> i'm probably being too pedantic now
I think that editing of the descriptions provided the number of
options is large would be quite artificial. I mean I could express a
few options by my own words, however on long term I would have to drop
this because it would be an overwhelming task.
Messages sorted by: