Re: Did something change about completion and xtrace ?

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 1:53 PM Phil Pennock
<zsh-workers+phil.pennock@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2021-02-10 at 11:07 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > The following seems to "fix" it and does not interfere with
> > _complete_debug.  Any objections?
>
> The main reason I ever enable xtrace at a prompt, instead of in a
> script, is to hit tab and see what's happening with completion and where
> the logic is flowing.  Would that still be possible with this change?

With this change, you'd have to use the _complete_debug widget
(default bound to control-x question-mark), or selectively enable
tracing with for example

functions -T _complete

(which is probably preferable to tracing the entire thing anyway?)