Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

Marlon Richert wrote:
>     Incidentally, I append -$ZSH_VERSION to the compdump file name.
>
> That’s not necessary. compdump saves $ZSH_VERSION in the compdump file and
> compinit checks for it: [1]https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/blob/

It's useful for someone who regularly switches between zsh versions and
wants to reduce how often they get regenerated but doesn't mind clearing
out old ones from time to time. For Bart, it likely makes sense. For the
average new user, not.

I hash the combination of $HOST and $FPATH (the latter typically
includes the version number) to create a suffix. The hostname can matter
with an NFS shared home directory which is probably not as common as it
once was.

Oliver