Re: Completion script for the ctags program

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> What that patch adds is "Contrib" as a subdirectory of Completion
> with identical make rules as for all the other directories at that
> level (Unix, BSD, AIX, Zsh etc). So it'd need it's own subdirectories
> for Type, Command (and perhaps Utility and Widget). [...]
>
> That approach seemed simplest but that's not to say it has to be
> done that way if you think it'd be better under each of the other
> directories.

No, I think that's fine.

> I probably favour Contrib because I've seen it used
> similarly elsewhere.
>
> Other ideas include 'External', 'Independent', 'Extra', 'Supplemental',
> 'Annex', 'Additional', 'Scrap', 'Dump', 'Diverse', 'Sundry'.

Would "Accessory" imply too much approval?

"Extras" would avoid clashing with any of the existing subdirectories,
for people who have the same flavor of "C/U/C<TAB>" habit as you but
for one of the other operating systems.  It also has precedence in
some of the Linux repository names.  Similarly "External" that you
already mentioned, or "Extension" or "Extended".