Re: Rewrite of zsh-newuser-install

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:05 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In general, there's <https://repology.org/project/zsh/versions>, but
> I don't think we should rely on it.  If we have a question to downstream
> maintainers, we should ask it on an appropriate mailing list — e.g.,
> -workers@, or workers@ with an appropriate subject prefix/tag, or as
> a drive-by mention in the next email to announce@.
>
> In this specific case, however, which downstreams actually ship
> a recommended zshrc?  I suspect few do, so we can contact them directly.
> For Debian, we should address our questions to pkg-zsh-devel
> alioth-lists.debian.net.  (Those already familiar with bugs.debian.org
> incantations may prefer to create a bug with X-Debbugs-Cc instead.)

Since I have little experience with downstream packagers, I'll leave
it up to you to contact them. However, it would be great if you could
CC me in the correspondence, so I can read their feedback first-hand.

In the meantime, here's another update to the code for you to review:
https://gitlab.com/marlonrichert/zsh-sensible/-/commit/799be4eccb870b5fc7b8563008e4b2547448ab40?w=1