Re: Proposal: Let compinit make standard widgets with _generic instead of _main_complete

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 1:53 AM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +   zstyle -t ":completion:::::" generic-widgets "$WIDGET"

Feels weird to call that style `generic-widgets`, because it actually
makes the completion context less generic and more specific. IMO,
`specific-widgets` would be a more accurate name for this. Or perhaps
something like `(auto-)named-widgets`, borrowing from a sentence in
the manual:

> The _function,_ if completion is called from a named widget rather than through the normal completion system.

Yes, I think `_generic` is a pretty strange name for that function in
the first place. :)