Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Patch management workflow for threads that peter out (was: Re: [PATCH] Fix [:IDENT:] vs posixidentifiers)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48308
- From: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Cc: Lawrence Velázquez <vq@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Patch management workflow for threads that peter out (was: Re: [PATCH] Fix [:IDENT:] vs posixidentifiers)
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 07:26:51 +0000
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48308>
- Archived-at: <http://www.zsh.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/zsh-workers/2021-03/20210329072651.GO18178%40tarpaulin.shahaf.local2>
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7aHfkd_xbNq+tMrth4=g41v0rOnXWhv1Y8b9hVtr7qE-A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <748AD4F6-A0D6-42D1-9E65-6C9028B8B69A@larryv.me> <20210325010654.GC18178@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <email@example.com> <20210329063014.GK18178@tarpaulin.shahaf.local2> <CAH+w=7aHfkd_xbNq+tMrth4=g41v0rOnXWhv1Y8b9hVtr7qE-A@mail.gmail.com>
Bart Schaefer wrote on Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 23:35:58 -0700:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021, 11:30 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That does bring up the point of what to do with threads that peter out
> > without a review. I suggest that they be added to Etc/BUGS. WDYT?
> Only if they actually are threads about bug fixes. Proposed new features
> or completion improvements, just as examples, don't belong in the BUGS file.
Are you objecting just to the name of the file, or to recording them at
all? I.e., would recording them in an Etc/PROPOSED-NEW-FEATURES-AND-COMPLETION-IMPROVEMENTS
file be better?
Personally, I think I'd prefer a single file here, to remove a decision
step from anyone updating or consuming these files, but I don't feel
strongly about this.
Messages sorted by: