Re: Feature Patch: Use completion to view parameter values

> On 29 March 2021 at 18:20 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 10:11 AM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I think that's right.  -workers@: Is it possible for a non-PM_SPECIAL
> > parameter have a custom getfn?
>
> Only with the zsh/param/private module, I think, and in that case the
> getfn is just a wrapper around the default and doesn't add any
> side-effects.

I think it depends a bit what you mean by "custom" --- getfn's can be
as generic as you like, but it's probably safe to say that a function
that isn't getting and setting straight data, whatever its source,
ought to be marked SPECIAL or isn't really playing by the rules.

pws