Re: Patch bumping (was Re: Feature Patch: Use completion to view parameter values)

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 2:32 PM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This effectively retains my current policy for types A and B.  I'd
> be fine with this, but we haven't heard Bart's rationale for longer
> intervals.

Mostly that in cases where there's been feedback to which the patch
submitter has not responded, pinging them is more likely than anything
to elicit either no response or a "sorry, ran out of time to work on
this", and in either case pinging again the same number of days later
is probably more annoying than helpful.  Patches that have been
entirely ignored or that are waiting on someone to push, are a
different matter.

> Should I continue bumping developer-only patch discussions at all?
> If so, I'm inclined to let them simmer for longer -- perhaps a month
> (as per workers/48516).  I feel pretty pesky basically reminding
> committers to commit their own patches, but everyone forgets things
> now and then.  Is it helpful or annoying?

In my case, once is helpful, twice in 10 days would be annoying.  But
I don't know how other committers allocate their time (and it's
currently more difficult for me to commit other people's patches than
it ought to be, and I can't say when I'll get that rectified).