Re: Question to maintainers of third-party packages that install zsh completions

On 2 Apr 2021, at 09:00, Stephane Chazelas <stephane@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2021-04-01 23:11:28 +0000, Daniel Shahaf:
Where would you expect the answer to "How does one install third-party
zsh completions in such a way that zsh will pick them up automatically?"
to be found?  I'd like to make sure the documentation has this
information where people who look for it will find it.

On the subject, see also
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/607809/where-should-i-install-the-zsh-completion-file-as-a-package-maintainer

See also https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67136714/how-to-properly-call-compinit-and-bashcompinit-in-zsh

…and let me know if you think I should change anything about my answer there. :)