Re: [BUG] Weird _expand & _complete behavior for $parameters in "double quotes"

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:32 AM Marlon Richert
> <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:05 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I can't reproduce this on either Ubutu or MacOS, nor either with or
> > > without my completeinword patch from the other day.
> >
> > Here's the test as a patch, in case it helps you reproduce it.
>
> Ah, I didn't get before that you'd added an entire new test case.

Sorry about the confusion. Yes, I added a new test case, because I saw
this happen on the command line, but I wanted to make sure that A) it
wasn't just my environment and B) I presented the bug in a way that
you could easily reproduce it. Next time, I guess I'll just send it as
a patch in the first place. :)

> There are two things going on here:
>
> One, complete-in-word handling of quotes has several problems, which
> I've unsuccessfully wrestled with once or twice before.

Note that my test case does not set COMPLETE_IN_WORD and setting it
doesn't appear to make any difference for this case.