Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [BUG] Weird _expand & _complete behavior for $parameters in "double quotes"
- X-seq: zsh-workers 48823
- From: Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [BUG] Weird _expand & _complete behavior for $parameters in "double quotes"
- Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 09:43:30 +0300
- Archived-at: <https://zsh.org/workers/48823>
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7YAeLjHGpQxAny=UqPGPz2Nrc3DBOhztS-mX=_9tjfT8A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- References: <CAHLkEDsHb-5RqCZbSwyE4xE+7W04Ojq-9xikXo67ozRh_KdWyQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7ZvLbNQ+OoijxWVLjMAf84ZXWhgxKY8k35BRw4izemail@example.com> <CAHLkEDs=K73cB=YRoHW_0MY+Kv-hqMWAoB=za2Hxu+d36J_2kQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7YAeLjHGpQxAny=UqPGPz2Nrc3DBOhztS-mX=_9tjfT8A@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM Bart Schaefer
> On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:32 AM Marlon Richert
> <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 2:05 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > I can't reproduce this on either Ubutu or MacOS, nor either with or
> > > without my completeinword patch from the other day.
> > Here's the test as a patch, in case it helps you reproduce it.
> Ah, I didn't get before that you'd added an entire new test case.
Sorry about the confusion. Yes, I added a new test case, because I saw
this happen on the command line, but I wanted to make sure that A) it
wasn't just my environment and B) I presented the bug in a way that
you could easily reproduce it. Next time, I guess I'll just send it as
a patch in the first place. :)
> There are two things going on here:
> One, complete-in-word handling of quotes has several problems, which
> I've unsuccessfully wrestled with once or twice before.
Note that my test case does not set COMPLETE_IN_WORD and setting it
doesn't appear to make any difference for this case.
Messages sorted by: