Re: Feature request: italic style in region_highlight

Since we've reopened this thread, harkening back to an old comment of Daniel's:

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:05 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why would we create either %A{4} or %A{04}?  The API to script writers should
> use symbolic names; the API between us and the terminal should use terminfo
> rather than hardcoded escape sequences.

We've already found in another thread (the one about %B/%b) that
terminfo is inadequate, it doesn't define escapes for all possible
ANSI combinations.  In this specific example, %A{bold} has no terminfo
equivalent to turn (only) it off when %a is reached.