Re: zsh/stat: output file birth time under Linux

On 2021-06-14 at 14:09 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Could zsh/stat output birth time under Linux, like what stat from
> the GNU coreutils does?

I think the tricky decision is what to do about setting an numerically
indexed array instead of printing or setting an associative array.

The indices match the traditional stat() return value indices, but for
extended fields there may be some severe portability concerns here.

IMO anything which associates a value with a label, so we can grep for
btime or index the -H assigned associated array by the string "btime"
should be good.  But, again IMO, we should not extend the results for
"-A".

Others might disagree and say that as long as we include the correct
indices for the "-l" option then it's possible to write portable code.
I worry though that people won't and it's too much of a foot-cannon.

-Phil