Re: Does add-zle-hook-widget violate the contract of ZLE hook widgets?

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 1:30 AM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2021, at 5:48 PM, Marlon Richert wrote:
> > >
> > > +1.  Anyone interested in writing a patch?
> >
> > Done. See attachment.
>
> This patch appears to contain extraneous changes from workers/48978
> that are not relevant to this discussion.  It would be best if you
> submitted a new one based on a clean tree.

I included those changes intentionally:
1. In the section ZLE > Hook Widgets of the HTML version of the
manual, I want to include a link to User Contrib > Manipulating Hook
Functions.
2. To create a link, I need to use a `noderef`.
3. To be able to use `noderef`, I need a `texinode` to link to.
4. Manipulating Hook Functions doesn't have a `texinode`, so I need to add one.
5. When I add a `texinode`, `make install.info` fails to compile if
there isn't a `menu` in the same page that links to it.
6. Hence, I need to update the menu structure of User Contrib.

However, my understanding of Yodl is limited. Is there a simpler way to do this?