Re: [BUG] insert-last-word gets stuck at comments

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 1:19 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's code in the insertlastword function that's (according to the
> comment) supposed to stop us getting stuck, but apparently in the case
> where the line is entirely empty that isn't working.  It may be
> possible to fix it.

Hm.  It's not difficult to fix in that continuing to hit <ESC .> picks
up where it left off, but it still beeps and inserts nothing.

I wonder if it would be preferable if it just skipped on to the next
(that is, usually, the preceding) last word?

It's possible the current misdocumented behavior dates all the way
back to 849f4068de (workers/16767) in 2002 and nobody noticed.  I
can't find anything else obvious.