Re: Why does {..} expansion using 'bindkey' quoting, but {,} and BRACE_CCL don't quote at all?

On Wed, Aug 4, 2021 at 12:05 AM Marlon Richert <marlon.richert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a reason for this inconsistency? Why not always produce
> quoted or unquoted output?
>
> Also, why bindkey-style quoting? Wouldn't ${(q+)}-style quoting be
> more convenient, since it's more straightforward to "unquote"?

The answer to "why doesn't feature A take advantage of feature B" is
often "because A was developed long before B".

I believe that's the case in both instances here.  BRACE_CCL and {x,y}
existed before {a..z}, and {a..z} existed before $'..'.  Old code was
never updated to be consistent with newer code, either from simply
being overlooked, or for backwards compatibility.