Re: [BUG] ignored trap and subshell

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 9:24 AM Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, with "emulate sh", ignored traps should still be ignored
> in the subshell according to POSIX, and zsh 5.8 fails do conform:

"emulate sh" is NOT the same as "ARGV0=sh", and is never going to be.
We make no representation that "emulate sh" will enable all the same
standards behaviors as using "sh" as the command name.

That said, it might be possible to add control of this behavior to the
POSIX_TRAPS option, in which case it would be covered by "emulate sh".