Re: Bug report: Pasting content overwrites the current line and duplicates the text

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 12:58 AM Christopher Stead <crstead@xxxxx> wrote:

> Pasting text into the terminal results in the current line between
> wiped and replaced with the copied contents duplicated.
> I have tried this on two separate Zsh installations, one using Ubuntu
> in Windows Terminal, the other on an Ubuntu OS terminal - both to same effect.

This usually happens when the value of TERM environment variable is
incorrect. What do you get if you execute the following command?

    typeset -p TERM

In Windows Terminal and GNOME Terminal the correct output is this:

    export TERM=xterm-256color

If you are getting any other output, that's the problem.

Roman.