What does REDIRF_FROM_HEREDOC flag represent?

Good day!

I was peeking at the source code and found REDIRF_FROM_HEREDOC flag. The comments say that it's for a here-string that came from a here-document but I'm still not clear how this looks exactly. Is it that every line in heredoc is a here-string? I've tried to read the part in parser.c where this flag is being set, but couldn't make sense of it since I'm not at all acquainted with C or the codebase as a whole.

Would very much appreciate the explanation.

- Jett