Re: completion for "info -f" does not work

> 2022/03/18 23:09, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 2022-03-18 14:59:53 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> On 2022-03-16 17:46:28 +0900, Jun T wrote:
>>> 'info -f' accept any (relative or absolute) pathnames.
>>
>> Well, not exactly. It seems that the rule for "info -f" is that
>> if the argument does not have a slash, then the usual info path
>> is used (with no fallback if nothing is found, i.e. an existing
>> pathname in the current directory will be ignored), otherwise
>> the argument is regarded as a pathname.
>
> This can be tested as follows:
>
> zira% touch for-test-only.info
> zira% info -f for-test-only
> info: for-test-only: No such file or directory

I can't reproduce this. Which version of info are you using?

% info --version
info (GNU texinfo) 6.7
% touch for-test-only.info
% info -w -f for-test-only
././for-test-only.info

info command has an (undocumented) option -x for setting the
debug level.

% info -x 1 -f for-test-only    # use -x 2 for more verbose output
info: looking for file "for-test-only"
info: looking for file for-test-only in /usr/share/info
info: looking for file for-test-only in /home/takimoto/.local/share/info
info: looking for file for-test-only in .
info: found file ./for-test-only.info

PS
I've surprised that 'info for-test-only' (without -f) also gives the
same result. So I wonder what is the difference between 'info foo ...'
and 'info -f foo ...' ?