Re: We should get 5.9** out soon

> On 31 March 2022 at 01:34 dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed 30 Mar 2022, at 11:51, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > Lots of accumulated fixes, but probably the most important is to
> > un-break line-buffered input (workers/49792), since that problem was
> > introduced by the 5.8.1 security release.
>
> I'm ready whenever.

That's great, thanks.  I agree sooner rather than later is better; I see
Lawrence is chasing some bits and pieces which might prod a few udpates
but none of those looks particularly crucial if they don't.

> Does anyone have any strong feelings about 5.9 vs 6.0? I don't.

Not very strong, but it has been a long time, and definitely worth getting
all and sundry to upgrade, so 6.0 might be a reasonable choice.

pws