Re: _time_zone gives me candidates other than timezones

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 4:19 PM Jordan Russell
<jordan.likes.curry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like Jun's solution.

That's good, because it's already been added to the repository.
However, I did notice that if one explicitly attempts to start a
timezone name with "z" or "l", the lower case file names are in fact
offered (instead of, for example, correcting to Zulu).

> I still have reservations about completing right/
> and posix/ (they could be flags instead to the calling program).

Do you mean the calling program might use those as keywords (with no
leading hyphen[s])?  Or do you mean the caller of _time_zone should
[be able to] specify whether to include them?

> >I guess it comes down to whether you call _time_zone to find a zoneinfo
> >/file/ or a timezone /name/.
[...]
> > But if you're completing filenames you'd also need to recover
> >the prefix which is lost when using -W as is used now.

Further, if you start completing the tail of an absolute path, normal
file completion occurs.