Re: Test release: 5.8.1.2-test

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 03:07:05PM -0500, dana wrote:
> I've tagged 5.8.1.2-test (test release for the upcoming zsh 5.9) and
> uploaded the artefacts to:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/files/zsh-test/5.8.1.2-test/
>
> If you have the time, please test and report any issues found.

Builds fine on Debian Unstable locally and in a local, clean chroot,
but seems to fail to build in Debian's Gitlab CI due to one test
failure: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/zsh/-/jobs/2661258

The failure I noticed in the log:

7266 Running test: POSIX: width in %s should be computed in bytes, not in characters
7267 Test ../../Test/D07multibyte.ztst was expected to fail, but passed.
7268 Was testing: POSIX: width in %s should be computed in bytes, not in characters
7269 ../../Test/D07multibyte.ztst: test XPassed.
7270 The following may (or may not) help identifying the cause:
7271  This is considered a bugfix in zsh
7272 ../../Test/D08cmdsubst.ztst: starting.

And in the end:

8850 61 successful test scripts, 1 failure, 2 skipped

Hopefully that's the failure mentioned in the summary, because I found
no other.

I've uploaded it to Debian Experimental anyway to see if it builds
fine on the official build daemons. Will see later today.

BTW: I expected that scp tab completion fails with OpenSSH 9.0 as it
uses SFTP as backend now which needs less quoting. But to my surprise
it still seems to work.

		Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/