Re: Ctrl-\ while executing a pipeline made zsh quit

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 5:37 PM Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With zsh 5.8.1 under Linux (zsh 5.8.1-1 Debian/unstable package),
> while I was executing a pipeline, I typed Ctrl-\ to interrupt it
> (Ctrl-C had no effect), which made unexpectedly zsh quit: SIGQUIT
> should interrupt the commands zsh starts, not the interactive shell
> itself.

I'm unable to reproduce this on Ubuntu 20.04 with 5.8.1.2-test.

I vaguely recall there's actually a bug in some version(s?) of "less"
that causes its parent to exit?

I did discover that if "less" exits with an error, the whole pipeline
becomes unkillable with either INT or QUIT; the shell is hung until
the left side exits.