grepping the archives (was: Re: ERRNO is unset until set)

Bart Schaefer wrote on Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:02 +00:00:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 3:00 AM Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> When is this good or useful?
>
> I was wondering that myself.  The only thing I can think of is to make
> ${+ERRNO} show the "right" thing.
>
> Archive search is still offline (and I'm not sure it would help
> anyway) so I can't find the discussion that led up my patch from
> 32337,

I don't think we ever set up search after the migration from primenet,
no.  I haven't even realized anybody would use that.

Instead, there is rsync://rsync.zsh.org/pub/mla.

Or you could ask -infra@ for SSH access to the host, and then access the
archives that way.  That's how I found 32157 for my other reply (using
«cd ${RSYNC_ROOT_DIR}/zsh-workers && mutt -f =(for 1 in <315-323>xx.tgz
; tar -O - -xf $1)» and search therein).  We'll need a preferred username and
a key we can trust (i.e., PGP sign it using a key we already know to be
yours, or upload it to sourceforge, etc.).

Cheers,

Daniel