Re: E02 failing on Alpine / musl libc

> On 16 May 2022 at 08:14 dana <dana@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Earlier today an Alpine dev posted on IRC that an E02 test is failing for them
> on 5.9:
>
>   https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/aports/-/merge_requests/34456
>
> It's an issue with the way the function name ヌ is printed:

>   +$'\udfe3\udf83\udf8c' () {

This probably isn't a big deal for this test, which isn't even a multibyte
test, it's just to check we've got come consistent representation for strange
output with a meta bit.  So arguably we could just pick a simpler string to
test, for an easier life.

The character output isn't right, though (try passing both versions to print),
so I suppose it's a real bug somewhere.  The question is whether it's our job
to chase it.

pws