Re: zargs with -P intermittently failing in zsh 5.9 and macOS

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 9:09 AM Eric Nielsen <ericbn@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I'm seeing zargs with -P intermittently fail with in zsh 5.9 in macOS.
> This is not reproducible with earlier versions of zsh or with the /bin/zsh bundled with macOS

zargs was re-coded as of the 5.9 release so that it waits for
individual jobs instead of using a single "wait" for all of them.
This means it can detect nonzero exit in cases where earlier revisions
missed it.

> +(eval):6> case 19 (<1-125>|128)
> +(eval):8> ret=123
>
> at least once, even though f always returned 0.

Something is causing the subshell that was running f to exit with
status 19 even though f returned 0.