Re: 5.9 core dumps under zleentry->zleread->zlecore

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 3:03 AM Johan Ström <johan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The terminals (https://codeberg.org/dnkl/foot) where used a bit on one
> day, then left idle for some days, then as soon as touching it (cannot
> say for sure, up-arrow or enter or something), the zsh process crashed.
> Other terminals with similar workload have remained alive, so it seems
> to be a bit random.

I would start looking for signals that your terminal (or wayland)
might be sending.  E.g., if this happens to windows that were on
different virtual desktops or that were partly or completely hidden
behind other windows or that were minimized and then popped open, the
shell may be getting a lot of SIGWINCH signals.

The other thing I notice is that the configure options in the arch
linux package you used include enabling global startup scripts in
/etc/zsh/, and explicitly enable sourcing /etc/profile.  Is there
anything (else) in your /etc/zsh/ directory?