Re: Escape sequences are not interpreted by "zle -M"

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 12:35 PM Fabian Lindner <MFL01@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed a bug (I believe), where escape sequences (for example color
> codes) do not work as intended when beeing displayed with "zle -M".

This is intentional, zle -M passes everything through the equivalent
of the parameter expansion (V) flag and always has.  The main reason
for this is to prevent the message from causing zle to lose track of
the cursor or have part of the other output scribbled over.  This is
also true of strings sent to zle -R.

Depending on what you're actually attempting to accomplish, there may
be an alternative to "zle -M".