Re: Bug report: Snap applications missing

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 7:08 AM Jonas Paczia <j.paczia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did not find any official bug report, altough I found some posts on reddit and blogs (e.g. here).
> When ZSH is set as the default shell Snap applications are missing under Kubuntu 22.04 in the launcher (fresh install) but found via the terminal.

This is a Ubuntu (and/or Kubuntu) bug, not a zsh bug, and needs to be
reported to whoever maintains the zsh package for Ubuntu.

This appears to have been a problem at least since Ubuntu 17.04,
although usually it's the other way around (shells in terminal lack
the correct path).

A solution may be as simple as adding

path+=(/snap/bin)

to /etc/zshenv, but I am not familiar with how kubuntu builds its launcher.